† indicates undergraduate co-author
- Hanlon SM, Kerby JL, and Parris MJ. Interactions between contaminants and disease alter survival and life history responses in amphibians. Freshwater Science.
- Hanlon SM, Henson JR, Patillio B, Weeks D, Kerby JL, and Moore JE. In revisions. No occurrence of Ranaviruses in reptile populations in National Wildlife Refuge in Arkansas, USA
- Pendergast TH, Hanlon SM, Long ZM, Magliocca MR, Royo M, Krayesky DM, and Carson WP. In revisions. The legacy of deer overabundance: Long-term delays in wildflower community recovery. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 46(3): 362-369.
- Holden WM, Hanlon SM, Woodhams DC, Chappell TM, Wells HL, Glisson SM, McKenzie VJ, Parris MJ, and Rollins-Smith LA. 2015. Symbiotic skin bacteria defend newly metamorphosed Rana sphenocephala against Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis, the fungal pathogen responsible for global amphibian declines. Biological Conservation 18(2015): 91-102.
- Hanlon SM, Lynch KJ†, Kerby JL, and Parris MJ. 2015. The effects of a fungicide and chytrid fungus on anuran larvae in aquatic mesocosms. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 22(17): 12929-12940.
- Hanlon SM, Lynch KJ†, Kerby JL, and Parris MJ. 2015. Environmental substrates alter survival and foraging efficiencies in tadpoles. Herpetological Conservation and Biology 10(1): 1-8.
- Hanlon SM, Lynch KL†, Kerby JL, and Parris MJ. 2015. Effects of Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis exposure on foraging efficiencies and body size in anuran tadpoles. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms 112(3): 237-242.
- Holden WM, Reinert LK, Hanlon SM, Parris MJ, and Rollins-Smith LA. 2015. Development of Antimicrobial peptide defenses of southern leopard frogs, Rana sphenocephala, against the pathogenic chytrid fungus, Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis. Developmental and Comparative Immunology 48(2015):65-75.
- Hanlon SM, Smith D†, Kerby J, Parris MJ, and Moore JE. 2014. Detection of Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis infection via qPCR at the Edward J. Meeman Biological Field Station, Tennessee, USA. Herpetological Review 45(1): 32-34.
- Hanlon SM, Smith D†, Kerby J, Berg E†, Peterson W, Parris MJ, and Moore JE. 2014. Occurrence of Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis in Wapanocca National Wildlife Refuge, Arkansas, USA. Herpetological Review 45(1): 31-32.
- Hanlon SM and Parris MJ. 2014. The interactive effects of chytrid fungus, pesticides, and exposure timing on gray treefrog (Hyla versicolor) larvae. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 33(1): 216-222.
- Hanlon SM and Relyea R. 2013. Sublethal effects of pesticides on predator-prey interactions in amphibians. Copeia 2013(4): 691-698.
- Hanlon SM, Lynch KJ†, and Parris MJ. 2013. Mouthparts of southern leopard frog, Lithobates sphenocephalus, tadpoles not affected by exposure to a formulation of glyphosate. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 91:611-615.
- Hanlon SM and Parris MJ. 2013. Previous exposure of predatory fish to a pesticide alters palatability of larval amphibian prey. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 32(1):2861-2865.
- Venesky MD, Hanlon SM, Lynch KJ†, Parris MJ, and Rohr JR. 2013. Optimal digestion theory does not predict the effect of pathogens on intestinal plasticity. Biology Letters 9:20130038.
- Hanlon SM, Kerby J, and Parris M. 2012. Unlikely remedy: Fungicide clears pathogenic fungus in larval southern leopard frogs (Lithobates sphenocephalus). PLoS ONE 7(8): e43573. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0043573. Featured in Conservation Magazine: Curious Cure, Pesticide helps frogs fight off fungal infection. 22 August, 2012.
- Hanlon SM and Parris M. 2012. The impact of pesticides on the pathogen Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis independent of potential hosts. Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 63(1):137-143.
- Mouded M, Egea EE, Brown MJ, Hanlon SM, Houghton AM, Tsai LW, Ingenito EP, and Shapiro SD. 2009. Epithelial cell apoptosis causes acute lung injury masquerading as emphysema. American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology 41:407-414.
- Braving the cold to understand what makes squirrels tick. 2015. Newswise.
- Frozen frogs: How amphibians survive the harsh Alaskan winters. 2014. Newswise.
- Topsin-M®: How one pesticide is changing how we look at amphibian toxicology. 2013. FrogLog 106, 37-38.
- Birdseed, cowbirds, and disease: The unintended consequences of bird feeding. 2013. SICB Science News.